How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
Looking for weight details on trucks for sale in Shorewood? The 2021 RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,778 pounds to 6,396 pounds unloaded, with a design that enables high towing capacity and max payload capacity. Looking at its Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, the RAM 1500 weighs between 6,010 pounds and 7,800 pounds.
Need more specific measurement and capacity numbers? Visit Tyson Motor Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram near Joliet whether you’re in the market for RAM diesel trucks for sale (or Dodge diesel trucks for sale) or another model, and let’s look at the difference between curb weight, GVWR, and more.
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight and GVWR?
You can think of GVWR as the max amount of weight you’ll want the vehicle and its contents to weigh. For example, the RAM 1500 curb weight doesn’t include passengers, additional equipment, or towing weight, while gross vehicle weight rating is the maximum weight that can be safely stowed in the vehicle, including the vehicle weight, passengers, cargo, and tongue weight if you’re towing.
Note: Tongue weight is not the same as towing capacity. It’s simply the amount of weight the trailer places on the hitch itself.
2021 RAM 1500 Curb Weight
Using a mix of steel and aluminum, the 2021 RAM 1500 delivers toughness, plenty of towing power, and surprising fuel economy for its engine power. Explore each trim level’s curb weight in detail here:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,778 pounds and 5,106 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE: 4,768 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,792 pounds and 5,137 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,899 pounds and 5,248 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 5,096 pounds and 5,314 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: Between 5,192 pounds and 5,387 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 5,345 pounds and 5,568 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 TRX: 6,396 pounds
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
The RAM 1500 gross vehicle weight rating shifts a small amount depending on the configuration you choose, since each model differs in terms of its type of cabin – crew cab or quad cab – or the bed length chosen:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE: 6,010 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 pounds to 7,100 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 TRX: 7,800 pounds
An upgraded V8 engine delivers a lot of value when it comes to RAM 1500 towing, enabling it to handle up to 12,750 pounds of equipment, building material, or supplies for your job site. The technology included in this model also works hard to keep you, your cargo, and your passengers safe and stable on Naperville streets. These features include:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
With the RAM 1500, loading up and taking off will have never felt so easy. Avoid second trips with this new model, and gain peace of mind that your performance and delivery will be reliable.
Learn More About the RAM 1500 Weight at Tyson Motor Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Visit Tyson Motor Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram near Yorkville after exploring the new RAM 1500 for sale in our inventory, and learning more about its weight and towing capacity. Don’t forget to explore options for a used RAM 1500, and be sure to take one for a test drive. Powerful capabilities and advanced technology make the 1500 a perfect vehicle to keep you and your family entertained. So, when you get behind the wheel of this RAM truck, be sure to explore the other features it has to offer you. Contact us today to learn more.
More from Tyson Motor Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
If you’re interested in the new 2021 RAM 1500, you’re in great company! Not only does the RAM 1500 weight enable it to have a high towing and payload capacity, but this pickup also boasts efficient fuel economy specs so you can take care of heavy-duty jobs without the constant worry of refueling. Read…
Adventurous yet comfortable, the Jeep Cherokee carries a good all-around reputation, but its efficiency figures are less well known. Explore Jeep Cherokee fuel economy with Tyson Motor Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. For any Jeep Cherokee MPG information, or any other information about this capable little SUV, we would love for you to contact us here at Tyson Motor Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. Now, we will…
How much can the Grand Cherokee tow? The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a maximum towing capacity of 7,200 pounds if properly equipped. The Grand Cherokee is available with four different engine options depending on the needs of Joliet drivers. Whether you are looking for a more economical daily-use SUV or if you are looking…